Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just sayin'

Hello, my name is Brooke and I have a pet peeve.
Let me start from the beginning.
Couple days ago I finally met a co-workers boyfriend. I have spent the last several months listening to stories about this guy and had built an image of him in my mind. Let me tell you I was MAJORLY disappointed! Typically I can just readjust my image and move on, but that is not the only thing that happened. OK so I meet this guy and was like WOW he is totally not what I was expecting but, hey, give him a chance. So I rearranged my face and pasted on a smile and said, Hey it is nice to finally meet you! and I did what everyone does when some one sticks their hand out to you when meeting for the first time....I shook his hand. Well, I TRYED to shake his hand. It was like shaking a limp piece of lettuce.....I HATE IT WHEN A GUY DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SHAKE HANDS!! I am not one to just go around shaking every guys hand that I see, but when I do shake hands with a guy I hate to get a limp hand shake. Bad handshakes shouts a lack of confidence and credibility. Its like come on be a guy and shake hands. Don't get me wrong, I don't want my hand broken in three different places but please get a grip, literally!
Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest! I feel much better now ;)
Until I find something better to post....Later

2 comments:

The Bundys said...

HAHA! Brooke! You crack me up. lol. I laughed majorly when reading this.
That does happen to be a MAJOR pet peeve of mine too. In Sunday school we had a "session" on the proper way to hand shake. I can now break any guy's hand that comes along:)

Marissa Wilson said...

Nice post! I TOTALLY agree with you! I do NOT like limp wristed guys!! :)
Oh, and I love the way you said "I rearranged my face..." Ha! :) I wish I could do that...too often my face tells ALL of my emotions! :)