Friday, April 29, 2011

60th Post ~ YEAH!!!! ~ and a Lesson in Anatomy

Random trivia for you. Today's post on April 30th marks the 60th post on Moments of Insanity :)

I am sure that some day when one of my bloggies is on one of those game shows on the microwave this random fact will win them lots of money! Yep yep....guaranteed.


Now on to less serious things....Today I had a wonderful lesson in anatomy. Allow me to share some of my new found wisdom with you...

1. Death stinks....In more than one way. It took about two minuets after cutting open the abdomen for the smell to penetrate my massive nose hairs. But I must say my nose hairs will never be the same....it is a hard smell to describe but I would say it is a (cover the ears..I mean eyes..of any child reading) crappy (sorry I could not think of another word to use..stooly just does not work) sweet smell that slowly overpowers the senses. NOTE :If smells make you nausious dont eat lunch before helping with your next autopsy.

2. What causes Rigor Mortis? Rigor Mortis is one of the signs of death....kind of like the absence of pupil reaction to light and no pulse. RM is caused by the release of calcium from the bones into the muscles causing them to stiffen. After a while (several hours of death) the RM reverses its self. NOTE: RM makes it hard to fold a large animal into a small box.

3. Coagulation of blood ~ coagulation of blood is a fancy way to say clotting of blood. Once RM sets in the blood should be forming clots in the heart and in the veins. If this does not happen then it is possible that the individual was on or had gotten into someone elses blood thinners. NOTE: Because of the lack of blood pressure the puncturing of a major vein does not create a geyser, but it makes for a messy procedure.


Pop Quiz

Q#1. What happens when you flex your muscles?

Q#2. Where is the gall bladder located in a horse?

If you can answer these questions correctly I will give you a great big.....something.....

1 comment:

Marissa Wilson said...

HAAA!!! I'm loving the 'stooly' smell!! Just great! :)
The gallbladder...let's try the left upper quadrant?? I have no idea...I don't want to be a veterinarian when I get 'big'...oh wait...too late for that! :)

And...when you flex your muscle you get girlfriends (if you're a boy. but you're not. {just in case you didn't notice!} lol)