Monday, March 7, 2011

Addiction

My first time was several years ago....that one time was all it took to hook me for life. I can't explain it....
It is the anticipation, the excitement,
the dimmed lights, the loud music,
the colorful clothing,
the romance
it is......
BROADWAY!!!

Ok Ok maybe it is just Tulsa Preforming Arts Center but it is as close as this Okie can get to Broadway :)

The first Broadway production I saw was the Phantom of the Opera. It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!! Since them I have seen Legally Blond, Wicked (twice), The Wizard of Oz, and now I can add this one to the list...

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!

It has always been a favorite of mine and I was thrilled when I head it was coming to town.

Our seats were great

The actors/actress were incredible

Costumes were great

The stage and lighting was amazing

and the music....I loved the music;)

The above picture is of Gaston (dude on the barrel) and company. Think egotistical redneck...:) this was one of my favorite scenes. And my favorite character...well one of my favorite....is not pictured, his name, Lefou (pronounced lay-foo). Lefou was Gaston's sidekick and your typical clumsy dim whit.

Bloggies meet Lumiere, another of my favorite characters. HUMMM.....how to describe Lumiere....think french playboy doomed to live in the form of candlestick.


Not the best picture, I know, but this is the stage before the show started.


We had really good seats....all the empty seats in front of us filled up really quickly. We were told this was the ninth show in a row that was completely sold out...not a single seat left.


My fellow viewers ;) Marissa and Brooklyn





Need I say that I had a wonderful time again?? Well for those of you who are not very good at reading between the lines, or reading at all for that matter, let me tell you I HAD A GREAT TIME!
HUMM.... I must say I look pretty good in these pictures for someone who is making an addition to the family in two weeks :)

1 comment:

Marissa Wilson said...

Yep, it was grrrreat (had a Tony the tiger moment [you know the guy from the cereal??]). Anyway...i look funny :{ No bueno...